Ever started of a demo project in a fit of inspiration only to realise later you gave it the wrong name?
Here are some steps to fix it.
Take note of the current name
C:\Users\kirst\source\repos\Thinkgs03 Use VS Replace in Files ( control+shift+F) to rename the typo in code.
- Exit the project.
- Find the project in Windows Explorer.
- Rename the project folder and the 3 sub folders.
- Rename the .sln file and the 3 .csproj files.
- Next use notepad to correct all occurrences of the bad name in the .sln file and the three .csproj files.
- Open the .sln in VS again.
- Use control+shift+f to replace all occurrences of the typo.
- Re run the search and replace for any that got missed.
- Reset the startup project if needed.