SBD.Cashbook - Part One

Today I am working out loud on SBD.Cashflow.using XAF, Entity Framework Code FIrst

Here is the GitHub link
Here are my initial wizard choices.

The result is

Now for the data structures
Ah pushed them.
Better add a license MIT

Upgrade to EF 6.2

(I have asked for DX to fix that bit.

Right Click the Win project and set as Start Up

I ran the app and messed about with data entry for a bit.
Then re-designed the business model somewhat.

Now for migrations

Uh, Uh I am going to need validations, I wonder what goes where?

Ah actually they are already installed!

I want a rule that if a GLAccount has a parent GLAccount then they must have the same category.

I better consult the Validation Rules Help.

Here we go

A bit of a play with the app

Let’s add a filter combo for the GLAccounts using this way.

Adding some conditions

Causes these filters to be available

OK, I forgot to add reports, so lets drag them on to the win application

this looks better

I need to do it for each module though.
So for the Module.Win

becomes

and for reports module [ LATER NOTE I DO THE WRONG THING HERE… I should have used ReportsModuleV2… watch how I troubleshoot my mistake ]

I add the data type to the dbcontext

public DbSet<ReportDataV2> ReportDataV2s { get; set; }

Also I need the [VisibleInReports] attribute on the classes I want to report on

and that means I need to run Migrations again

Oops I missed something

Cannot find the 'DevExpress.Persistent.BaseImpl.ReportData' type or 'DevExpress.Persistent.BaseImpl.v18.2' assembly.

at DevExpress.ExpressApp.Reports.ReportsModule.FindDefaultReportDataType()
   at DevExpress.ExpressApp.Reports.ReportsModule.GetDeclaredExportedTypes()
   at DevExpress.ExpressApp.ModuleBase.GetExportedTypes()
   at DevExpress.ExpressApp.ApplicationModulesManager.CollectDomainComponents()
   at DevExpress.ExpressApp.ApplicationModulesManager.Load(ITypesInfo typesInfo, Boolean loadTypesInfo)
   at DevExpress.ExpressApp.XafApplication.Setup(String applicationName, IList`1 objectSpaceProviders, ApplicationModulesManager modulesManager, ISecurityStrategyBase security)
   at DevExpress.ExpressApp.XafApplication.Setup()
   at SBD.Cashbook.Win.Program.Main() in D:\dev\SBD.Cashbook\SBD.Cashbook.Win\Program.cs:line 45

Adding to the Middle tier module

Time for the sledge hammer

I am going to create a new solution with reports so I can study where things went wrong.

Text search shows the following mentions

Find all "ReportDataV2", Subfolders, Find Results 1, Entire Solution, ""
  D:\dev\thing4\things4.Module\BusinessObjects\things4DbContext.cs(24):		public DbSet<ReportDataV2> ReportDataV2 { get; set; }
  D:\dev\thing4\things4.Module\Model.DesignedDiffs.xafml(4):    <DetailView Id="ReportDataV2_DetailView">
  D:\dev\thing4\things4.Module\Model.DesignedDiffs.xafml(8):            <LayoutGroup Id="ReportDataV2" >
  D:\dev\thing4\things4.Module\Module.cs(47):            reportModule.ReportDataType = typeof(DevExpress.Persistent.BaseImpl.EF.ReportDataV2);
  D:\dev\thing4\things4.Win\WinApplication.Designer.cs(38):            this.reportsModuleV2.ReportDataType = typeof(DevExpress.Persistent.BaseImpl.EF.ReportDataV2);
  Matching lines: 5    Matching files: 4    Total files searched: 40

comparing with the main project …
oops, lets fix the dataset name

public DbSet<ReportDataV2> ReportDataV2 { get; set; }

Ah quite a bit missing

Find all "ReportDataV2", Subfolders, Find Results 1, Entire Solution, ""
  D:\dev\SBD.Cashbook\SBD.Cashbook.Module\BusinessObjects\CashbookDbContext.cs(36):        public DbSet<ReportDataV2> ReportDataV2 { get; set; }
  D:\dev\SBD.Cashbook\SBD.Cashbook.Module\Migrations\201901030327288_two.cs(11):                "dbo.ReportDataV2",
  D:\dev\SBD.Cashbook\SBD.Cashbook.Module\Migrations\201901030327288_two.cs(28):            DropTable("dbo.ReportDataV2");
  Matching lines: 3    Matching files: 2    Total files searched: 58

Actually I need to copy the whole Setup method because my Cashbook project is using

public override void Setup(XafApplication application) {
            base.Setup(application);

// Manage various aspects of the application UI and behavior at the module level.
        }

[NOTE THE DIFFERENT TYPE FOR THE PARAMETER]

Another thing I notice is that my Module class does not have validation… better add that

And in my WinModule I added a type I did not need

Now I can add Reports

I could go on making the data entry screens nice, but the next technical challenge I want to tackle is now to get the connection string to come from Azure Key Vault… sounds like a new topic.